If you have some flexibility in your schedule during fair week (Aug. 24 – Sept. 2), here are a few ways you might qualify to get through the gate at no cost:
1. Thursday, Aug. 30 (College Night): College students, bring your valid college ID for free admission.
2. Thursday, Aug. 30 (Vermont Foodbank Day): Before 2pm, donate two non-perishable food items at the gate and get admitted at no charge.
3. Friday, Aug. 31 (Military Appreciation Day): Past and present military members get free admission with a military ID.
• Attending a concert at the Grandstand? Check your ticket. It probably includes admission.
• Children under the age of 5 are admitted at no cost.
For information about other discounts, visit http://www.champlainvalleyfair.org/daily-specials/.